Nolan Hoffman of Team BCX won his sixth title at the Tsogo Amashova Cycle Classic in Durban. Clint Hendricks and Ryan Harris, both of the RoadCover Cycling team completed the podium.
The race that spans the distance between Pietermaritzburg to Durban in Kwa-Zulu Natal, is always fast affair with the race finishing in front of the Moses Mabhida Stadium.
Hoffman wins from Hendricks and Harris
Without a sizeable escape group forming one the fast route, Team BCX controlled the race to perfection. Dimension Data Continental team’s Kent Main upset the rhythm with an attack along with Jayde Julius of Pro Touch that lasted until near the end.
Team BCX were left to line up the sprint, into a headwind, but Hoffman was able to hold of the charge that came from Clint Hendricks of RoadCover. Hendricks had struggled with a stomach bug the previous day, but fought back to manage a strong race and finish within a wheel of Hoffman.
Team BCX control the race.
Ryan Harris completed the podium, and the youngster from Durban finished fast but ended just short of catching Hendricks and Hoffman.
The Elite Podium.
The final results of the 106km event:
1. Nolan Hoffman (Team BCX) 2:20:07
2. Clint Hendricks (RoadCover Cycling team) st.
3. Ryan Harris (RoadCover Cycling team) st.
4. Rohan Du Plooy (Team Giant) st.
5. Reynard Butler (Team BCX) st.
6. Willie Smit (RoadCover Cycling team) st.
7. Ricardo Broxham (Pro Touch) st.
8. Gustav Basson (Pro Touch) st.
9. Thando Zothe (Rand Water / Trans Net) st.
10. Jandrich Kotze (Luso) st.
The veteran's 40-49 age category, Andrew Cairns wins from Nic White and Jacques Fullard