Road Bike trip: 5 days, culminating in the Tsogo Sun Amashova Classic in KZN on the final day.
This is a challenging 800km journey over five days, starting in the suburbs of Johannesburg, riding through the city and over iconic Nelson Mandela Bridge. The ride with take you through the changing landscape of the country, from Highveld grasslands to skirting the mountains of the Malutis and Drakenberg, before cruising the KZN Battlefields and Midlands.
The final day will include the race event of the Amashova Durban Classic which will get you to the edge of the Indian Ocean, and you can dip your toes into the sea.
• Johannesburg - Frankfort 200km (Siesta Lodge) - This a flat to gently rolling ride with potential tailwinds taking riders from the buslting city to the Freestate farmlands.
• Frankfort - Golden Gate 160km (Golden Gate Hotel) - A transition day from the rolling Freestate to the edge of the spectacular Maluti Mountains.
• Golden Gate - Champagne Valley 170km (Champagne Sports Resort) - Skirting the Mountains, with a taste of Sandstone cliffs, the descent to the battelefields is exhilarating.
• Champagne Valley - Hilton 150km (Protea Hotel Hilton) - Heading out of the Champagne Valley, rolling towards the middlands and the winding roads through the meander.
• Hilton - Durban 105km - The race event, after a descent of Town Hill to start, the race to the sea will take you over 1000 Hills before the run down to the beach, our destination!
This trip will be guided by Nic White, to get you through the distance every day.
The trip includes:
Back up support & food stops every day
Accommodation including meals
Return transport to Johannesburg if needed
Final night accommodation in Durban - to be arranged on request
Alcohol and evening drinks
Spare parts if needed (these will be available if needed invoiced separately)
Cost per person: R11000
Deposit of 50% to be paid by 31 August to confirm bookings
Bike It Products
FNB Cheque Acc. 62685713911
Killarney 250 655
For any queries or bookings contact Nic White
tel: 082 855 3578